-   -   Is it possible to copy a conditional format formula as paste value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111108-possible-copy-conditional-format-formula-paste-value.html)

Francois via OfficeKB.com

Is it possible to copy a conditional format formula as paste value

I have several rows of data with a header row that has a conditional format
applied depending on a row below.

When I copy that header row to another sheet, the conditional formula still
refers to a row which is no longer where it expects it to be. (because I
copied the header row somewhere else).

Is there anyway that I could get the 'result' of the conditional formula and
NOT have the formula itself ?

ie Can I copy a conditional formula as copy paste special value ?

Bob Phillips

Is it possible to copy a conditional format formula as paste value

Not really, you paste with format or without, not part of the format.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

Bob Phillips wrote:
Not really, you paste with format or without, not part of the format.

I have several rows of data with a header row that has a conditional format
applied depending on a row below.

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

ie Can I copy a conditional formula as copy paste special value ?

Oh well, back to the drawing board, thanks anyway