-   -   autosave macro excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111106-autosave-macro-excel.html)

Philippe B.

autosave macro excel

I would like to create an active macro, which when you open the file is
autosave only this file every 10 min but don't disturb any other program or
files.
Someone can help me.
PS : I tried the autosave addin but it save all excel document.
--
Cordialement,
Philippe B.

Dave Peterson

autosave macro excel

Chip Pearson explains how to use application.ontime:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

You can use it to run your macro to save that workbook every 10 minutes.

Philippe B. wrote:

I would like to create an active macro, which when you open the file is
autosave only this file every 10 min but don't disturb any other program or
files.
Someone can help me.
PS : I tried the autosave addin but it save all excel document.
--
Cordialement,
Philippe B.

--

Dave Peterson

Philippe B.

autosave macro excel

Thank , I tried the first macro and it is really good but this cannot be stop
without closing excel completely because I tried to close only the file but
few second later I have a pop up which ask if I would like to enable the
macro timer.
Is there any way to stop the macro anytime completely?

Kind regards,
Philippe
--
Cordialement,
Philippe B.

Philippe B. wrote:

I would like to create an active macro, which when you open the file is
autosave only this file every 10 min but don't disturb any other program or
files.
Someone can help me.
PS : I tried the autosave addin but it save all excel document.
--
Cordialement,
Philippe B.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

autosave macro excel

Look at Chip's page once more for the subroutine named: StopTimer

That will stop the timer <bg.

Notice how he declared those variables (RunWhen, cRuntIntervalSeconds, and
cRunWhat) at the top of the module.