-   -   How to sort al list in random order for sampling? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111052-how-sort-al-list-random-order-sampling.html)

NJTom

How to sort al list in random order for sampling?

How can I sort an Excel list into random order to facilitate drawing a sample
of the items on the list?

Paul B

How to sort al list in random order for sampling?

NJTom, you could use a helper column, with data in column A put this in B1
and copy down as far as needed and sort on column B
=RAND()

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003