-   -   simultaneous subtotals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111049-simultaneous-subtotals.html)

johnny vino

simultaneous subtotals

I have a list of course rosters. I want to view subtotals of the following
information for each course section:

Total number of students
Gender percentages
Ethnicity percentages

Is there a way to subtotal the data so that it shows me all three things in
fields after each course section? (like what it does when you do a simple
subtotal)

Tom Hayakawa

simultaneous subtotals

You can perform multiple subtotals on different columns of a list by
unchecking the box next to the Replace Current Subtotals line in the
Subtotals menu. Make sure you think out how you want the subtotals laid out
for each section, because you can get into trouble counting and summing one
of the other subtotal lines.