-   -   Excel 2003: Protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110794-excel-2003-protection.html)

oceanmist

Excel 2003: Protection

I have a spreadsheet in which I need to lock two columns so they cannot be
changed. I don't need to lock or protect the entire spreadsheet as others
have to be able to use the dropdown arrows for filtering.

How do I do this?

Gord Dibben

Excel 2003: Protection

You can use autofilter on a protected sheet if you set the autofilter before
protecting.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions with pictures.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlautof...3.html#Protect

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP