-   -   How do I skip to a letter in an alphabetically sorted list? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110753-how-do-i-skip-letter-alphabetically-sorted-list.html)

rosy_pie

How do I skip to a letter in an alphabetically sorted list?

I have createad a database and alphabetically sorted the items - is there a
shortcut or a quick way to jump to a particular letter rather than scrolling
down the whole thing to find 'r' etc?

Carim

How do I skip to a letter in an alphabetically sorted list?

Hi,

Could Ctrl F be of any help ...???

Cheers
Carim

Roger Govier

How do I skip to a letter in an alphabetically sorted list?

Hi

You could "cheat"
Insert a column before your list of items. Lets assume you inserted a
new column A
In cells A1 enter
=LEFT(B1)
Double click on the fill handle (the small black cross that you see when
you hover over the bottom right of the cell) and this will copy the
formula down the column for you.
Place your cursor in cell A1 and DataFilterAutofilter
Use the dropdown to select the letter you want, and you will see a
filtered list of only the items beginning with that letter.

--
Regards

Roger Govier