-   -   Resize Data Labels (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110742-resize-data-labels.html)

daywata

Resize Data Labels

How do I resize data labels within a graph? I know how to resize the font,
but I need to know how to put the contents of the label on one line opposed
to two. I cant seem to figure out how to resize the actual label.

Andy Pope

Resize Data Labels

Hi,

Basically you can't. You can not control the width or height of a data
label other than by insert new line characters or adjusting fontsize.

If you want complete control you need to use a textbox embedded within
the chart object. This can be linked to cells if the content is dynamic.

To add a textbox to a chart just select the chart and then type
=Sheet1!A1 or the complete address of the cell you want to link to. If
you do not need the link just type the text and when you press Return a
textbox will be created.

Cheers
Andy

--