-   -   Autoformatting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110670-autoformatting.html)

jonpoe

Autoformatting?

How can I keep excel from changing cell-entered numbers, 04-9215 for example,
into dates? I've tried selecting "none" for autoformatting on entire
worksheet.

[email protected]

Autoformatting?

Try General or Text for the Cell Format

jonpoe wrote:
How can I keep excel from changing cell-entered numbers, 04-9215 for example,
into dates? I've tried selecting "none" for autoformatting on entire
worksheet.

jonpoe

Autoformatting?

Yeah, I should have said I also tried "General" to no luck. "Text" fixed the
problem. Thank you.