-   -   data validation - more than one in same cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110623-data-validation-more-than-one-same-cell.html)

KLAOI

data validation - more than one in same cell?

I have set up data validation to ensure number is = or 3,000. Otherwise an
error box shows up with a message. However, I want to have another error if
the number is = or 1,000,000 with a different message. Is this possible?
Thanks.

Dave Peterson

data validation - more than one in same cell?

You get one message.

But can't you just word it nicely.

Please enter a value greater than or equal to 3,000 but less than 1,000,000.

--

Dave Peterson

KLAOI

data validation - more than one in same cell?

They have to do something different if it's under or over so I was hoping I
could have 2 separate messages. But thanks for replying!