-   -   transfer a highlighted cell to another worksheet using a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110531-transfer-highlighted-cell-another-worksheet-using-formula.html)

Stuck!

transfer a highlighted cell to another worksheet using a formula

Hi - I am trying to transfer a highlighted cell to another worksheet by use
of a formula; the cell will not always have data in it and more importantly
require just the highlight itself.

Gord Dibben

transfer a highlighted cell to another worksheet using a formula

Formulas "pull" data from one cell to another.

They cannot "push" data.

Also, a formula cannot return formatting like a background color without the
help of VBA and a user defined function.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP