-   -   Formatting Number - Is there any way I can the actual value instea (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110415-formatting-number-there-any-way-i-can-actual-value-instea.html)

Angie33

Formatting Number - Is there any way I can the actual value instea

I need help formatting some numbers. I have column "A" with numbers. In
column "B" I have a formula "A1/0.645" the number comes out as "10.85271318"
when I decrease the decimals all the way it turns to "11". When I copy and
paste special with "value and format" it past it in as "11" but the formula
bar has the full number. Is there any way to past this value just as "11"
with out the entire number showing in the formula bar or any where else. I
just need the actual number. What can I do to make this happen?
Angie33

Peo Sjoblom

Formatting Number - Is there any way I can the actual value instea

Change the formula to =ROUND(A1/0.645,0)

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"Angie33" wrote in message
I need help formatting some numbers. I have column "A" with numbers. In
column "B" I have a formula "A1/0.645" the number comes out as
"10.85271318"
when I decrease the decimals all the way it turns to "11". When I copy
and
paste special with "value and format" it past it in as "11" but the
formula
bar has the full number. Is there any way to past this value just as "11"
with out the entire number showing in the formula bar or any where else.
just need the actual number. What can I do to make this happen?
Angie33

Muhammed Rafeek M

Formatting Number - Is there any way I can the actual value instea

Use round function and paste special as value: =round(A1/0.645,0)
or just copy formatted entire column and paste to note pad, again copy from
notpad and paste to ur actual column

pls do rate

"Angie33" wrote:

I need help formatting some numbers. I have column "A" with numbers. In
column "B" I have a formula "A1/0.645" the number comes out as "10.85271318"
when I decrease the decimals all the way it turns to "11". When I copy and
paste special with "value and format" it past it in as "11" but the formula
bar has the full number. Is there any way to past this value just as "11"
with out the entire number showing in the formula bar or any where else. I
just need the actual number. What can I do to make this happen?
Angie33

Kevin B

Formatting Number - Is there any way I can the actual value instea

In column B use the following formula to calc your result:

=ROUND(a1/0.645,0)

--
Kevin Backmann