-   -   Formula dependent on a cell entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110373-formula-dependent-cell-entry.html)

clatters69

Formula dependent on a cell entry

I am setting up a grade book for test results. I have two levels of test,
Foundation and Higher, with different grade boundaries, hence different
LOOKUP formulae. I want to be able to enter either F or H in a cell and then
the formula in the cell to the right of it to change depending on whether F
or H has been entered, so that F inserts the Foundation LOOKUP formula in the
next cell and H inserts the Higher LOOKUP formula in the next cell. The same
pupil might sit a different level for a test each time, so it is not as
simple as entering a formula for a pupil and sticking to it, the formula must
change depending on the F or H entry.
Is this possible in Excel 2003?

Carlo

Formula dependent on a cell entry

hi clatters

why don't you do this:
=if(sheet1!A1 = "H";Lookup for H; lookup for F)

greetings

Carlo

"clatters69" wrote:

I am setting up a grade book for test results. I have two levels of test,
Foundation and Higher, with different grade boundaries, hence different
LOOKUP formulae. I want to be able to enter either F or H in a cell and then
the formula in the cell to the right of it to change depending on whether F
or H has been entered, so that F inserts the Foundation LOOKUP formula in the
next cell and H inserts the Higher LOOKUP formula in the next cell. The same
pupil might sit a different level for a test each time, so it is not as
simple as entering a formula for a pupil and sticking to it, the formula must
change depending on the F or H entry.
Is this possible in Excel 2003?

Stefi

Formula dependent on a cell entry

Say cell for F/H is A1, then insert in B1: =IF("A1"="F",formula for F,
formula for H)

Regards,
Stefi

€˛clatters69€¯ ezt Ć*rta: