-   -   Selection problem with recorder (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110338-selection-problem-recorder.html)

brian

Selection problem with recorder

My data distribution looks like this:

Col1 Col2 Col3 -------- Col20 Col21 Col22 Col23
data1 data3 -------- data20
data23

Using the Macro recorder , I selected data1 to data23, by pressing
Ctrl-Shift and the right pointing arrow (=) three times. The relevent codes
generated are as follows:

Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select

However, when I executed them, Excel carried out the first line correctly
but stepped over the last two lines without carrying them out. What's wrong?
There will always be 3 blank columns, but more columns will be added after
Col20 to accept more data. Hence, Range("A1:W1").Select can't be used. Any
suggestion is much appreciated.

Brian

Tom Ogilvy

Selection problem with recorder

Range(Cells(1,1),Cells(1,"IV").End(xltoLeft)).Sele ct

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Range(Cells(1,1),Cells(1,"IV").End(xltoLeft)).Sele ct

This is ok if data1 is in Row 1. Sorry for not being more specific.
My data1 can be in any random row location, resulting from a sort.
Therefore, I need to select from the position of the active cell across
to the right.

Thanx
Brian

Tom Ogilvy