-   -   formula question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110218-formula-question.html)

Dave F

formula question

Is there a way to de-concatenate a concatenated string of text?

I have the following formula, =CONCATENATE("Avg $ per week is:
",DOLLAR((N2/COUNTIF(M14:M167,"0"))))

And I would like to extract from that text string the numerical value used
in the nested function N2/COUNTIF(M14:M167,"0"). Is there a way to do this?

(Yes, I could simply recalculate N2/COUNTIF(M14:M167,"0") elsewhere in the
spreadsheet, but it would be so much cooler if I could somehow isolate that
calculation from the concatenation above.)
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

T Kirtley

formula question

Do you mean something like:

=MID(A2,21,LEN(A2))

TK

"Dave F" wrote:

Is there a way to de-concatenate a concatenated string of text?

I have the following formula, =CONCATENATE("Avg $ per week is:
",DOLLAR((N2/COUNTIF(M14:M167,"0"))))

And I would like to extract from that text string the numerical value used
in the nested function N2/COUNTIF(M14:M167,"0"). Is there a way to do this?

(Yes, I could simply recalculate N2/COUNTIF(M14:M167,"0") elsewhere in the
spreadsheet, but it would be so much cooler if I could somehow isolate that
calculation from the concatenation above.)
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Bob Phillips

formula question

=--SUBSTITUTE(B1,"Avg $ per week is: ","")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips