-   -   Getting data from one excel sheet into poreset tabs? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110148-getting-data-one-excel-sheet-into-poreset-tabs.html)

Mark@ngc

Getting data from one excel sheet into poreset tabs?

In one of my projects I copy from Access queries into several Excel
spreadsheets. I then go into the Data menu, go to Filtering and select auto
filter on a column with Division code to select the rows for each division in
each spreadsheet. I cut each of the rowsfor each division and paste it into
the corresponding tab for that division. There are ten divisions and I have
templates with the tabs already set up. I do this for about five
spreadsheets (so I do this about fifty times!) that are then sent to
management as reports. I am working with about 400KB to 500 KB of data in
each spreadsheet. Can anyone point me to information on automating this
within Excel (or maybe Access)? It would cut a mind-numbing task for me and
a couple of coworkers who would be very grateful!

Thank you,

Mark Snyder