-   -   Cell format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110101-cell-format.html)

Kim K

Cell format

I have created a chart for my daughter for a science experiement. All 12
data entries are fine for all categories except one. when I type in 29:04 as
in 29 minutes 04 seconds, I get all kinds of weird things happen, I have set
the cell to be mm:ss but apparently it looks at 29 as hours and creates a
time and or date. This is critical for the scoence data to be graphed out
and imperative I create this cell to reflect 29 minutes 04 seconds as all the
other times are already graphed.

How can I get this cell to reflect correctly?
--
Thanks in advance,
Kim

Anthony D

Cell format

Hi Kim,

I think the required format is to explicitly specify no hours as in 00:29:04
(would need to check further why this is so if it is - seems to work ?)