-   -   VBA equivalence tp to DOS "echo off" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110052-vba-equivalence-tp-dos-echo-off.html)

brian

VBA equivalence tp to DOS "echo off"

How can I stop an Excel macro from displaying the intermediate images on the
screen until after it has finished. I guess I'm looking for the VBA
equivalence to "echo off" as in DOS. Your help will be much appreciated.

Brian

PCLIVE

VBA equivalence tp to DOS "echo off"

Maybe something like:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
<Yourcode
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

"Brian" wrote in message
How can I stop an Excel macro from displaying the intermediate images on
the
screen until after it has finished. I guess I'm looking for the VBA
equivalence to "echo off" as in DOS. Your help will be much appreciated.

Brian

Kevin B

VBA equivalence tp to DOS "echo off"

To suppress both messages and screen updates you could use the following:

With Application
.DisplayAlerts = False
.ScreenUpdating = False
.StatusBar = "Processing your request, please wait..."
End With

your code goes here

And then reset the environment with the following:

With Application
.DisplayAlerts = True
.ScreenUpdating = True
.StatusBar = False
End With

--
Kevin Backmann

"Brian" wrote:

How can I stop an Excel macro from displaying the intermediate images on the
screen until after it has finished. I guess I'm looking for the VBA
equivalence to "echo off" as in DOS. Your help will be much appreciated.

Brian

brian

VBA equivalence tp to DOS "echo off"

Thank you for your help.