-   -   Set negative numbers to zero. Do not calculate with negative valu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110033-set-negative-numbers-zero-do-not-calculate-negative-valu.html)

Excel Headache

Set negative numbers to zero. Do not calculate with negative valu

I am working with fomulas that have diminishing values. I want the dimishing
values to stop at zero (not turn negative). Problem is, I'm getting negative
values that invalidate my data. Anyway way to "zero out" negative numbers?

Jim May

Set negative numbers to zero. Do not calculate with negative valu

=MAX(G5,0)

"Excel Headache" wrote:

I am working with fomulas that have diminishing values. I want the dimishing
values to stop at zero (not turn negative). Problem is, I'm getting negative
values that invalidate my data. Anyway way to "zero out" negative numbers?

Toppers

Set negative numbers to zero. Do not calculate with negative valu

=if(formula<0,0,formula)

"Excel Headache" wrote:

I am working with fomulas that have diminishing values. I want the dimishing
values to stop at zero (not turn negative). Problem is, I'm getting negative
values that invalidate my data. Anyway way to "zero out" negative numbers?

Bob Phillips

Set negative numbers to zero. Do not calculate with negative valu

Depends upon your formulae. Post them.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Excel Headache" <Excel wrote in message
I am working with fomulas that have diminishing values. I want the

dimishing
values to stop at zero (not turn negative). Problem is, I'm getting

negative
values that invalidate my data. Anyway way to "zero out" negative

numbers?

Dave F

Set negative numbers to zero. Do not calculate with negative valu

Try something like =IF([your calculation]<0,0,[your calculation]).

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.