-   -   How do I insert a copied the row to multiple places in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109991-how-do-i-insert-copied-row-multiple-places-excel.html)

Miranda

How do I insert a copied the row to multiple places in Excel?

I need to copy a row then skip couple rows to inert the copied row to
multiple places. I tried to copy a row first then select places that I would
like to inert. But it shows a message -The command you chose cannot be
performed with multiple selections. Select a single range and click the
command again. So I have to insert empted rows first, then, select the
inserted empted rows again to paste the data. Is there any easy way to do it?

Franz Verga

Miranda wrote:
I need to copy a row then skip couple rows to inert the copied row to
multiple places. I tried to copy a row first then select places that
I would like to inert. But it shows a message -The command you chose
cannot be performed with multiple selections. Select a single range
and click the command again. So I have to insert empted rows first,
then, select the inserted empted rows again to paste the data. Is
there any easy way to do it?

Hi Miranda,

the solution I use when I have to insert the same row in different places is
to copy the source row, insert it the first time, then copy the inserted row
and insert this row in the next place, and so on...

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy