-   -   Calculating Cells Taking Forever (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109988-calculating-cells-taking-forever.html)

Jason

Calculating Cells Taking Forever

Folks,

I have developed a spreadsheet that is very formula intensive that takes
forever (~ an hour) to calculate.

Not being a techy at all, would you suggest more RAM or a faster processor
to speed up the cell calculations?

Thanks,

Jason

Biff

Calculating Cells Taking Forever

Take a look at this:

http://www.decisionmodels.com/

Biff

"Jason" wrote in message
Folks,

I have developed a spreadsheet that is very formula intensive that takes
forever (~ an hour) to calculate.

Not being a techy at all, would you suggest more RAM or a faster processor
to speed up the cell calculations?

Thanks,

Jason

Gord Dibben

Calculating Cells Taking Forever

Before making any hardware changes I suggest you check this out.

Charles Williams has some great info on his site dealing with speeding up
calculations.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP