-   -   How do I retrieve a accidentally deleted file in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109985-how-do-i-retrieve-accidentally-deleted-file-excel.html)

Miranda

How do I retrieve a accidentally deleted file in Excel?

After modifying a big file, I use the Open file menu to cut and paste the
file to a different folder. However, now I cant find it anywhere. Is it a
way I can retrieve this file?

Bernard Liengme

How do I retrieve a accidentally deleted file in Excel?

If you can recall part of its name you could use the Windows Search
application (Start | Search)
If you cannot recall then use *.XLS and then refine it by the date you did
the cut-&-paste.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Miranda" wrote in message
After modifying a big file, I use the Open file menu to cut and paste the
file to a different folder. However, now I can't find it anywhere. Is it
way I can retrieve this file?

Miranda

How do I retrieve a accidentally deleted file in Excel?

Bernard,

Thanks for your help. I tried the methods that you suggested, but couldnt
find it. I just redo the work again.

Again, your help is greatly appreciated.

Miranda