-   -   how do I change column numbers to letters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109949-how-do-i-change-column-numbers-letters.html)

Marie

how do I change column numbers to letters

Paul B

how do I change column numbers to letters

Marie, tools, options, general, uncheck R1C1 reference style, OK
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Marie" wrote in message

Dave Peterson

how do I change column numbers to letters

Tools|Options|General Tab|Uncheck R1C1 Reference Style.

Marie wrote:

--

Dave Peterson

Bob Phillips

how do I change column numbers to letters

Goto ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck R1C1 Reference Style checkbox

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Marie" wrote in message

Marie

how do I change column numbers to letters

it says name cannot resemble a reference.......any ideas??

"Paul B" wrote:

Marie, tools, options, general, uncheck R1C1 reference style, OK
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Marie" wrote in message

Marie

how do I change column numbers to letters

Thanks
it says name does not resemble a reference??

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Goto ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck R1C1 Reference Style checkbox

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Marie" wrote in message

Dave Peterson

how do I change column numbers to letters

That means that you (or another person) defined a name (insert|Name|define) and
used a name that looked like an address.

Change the name to something else when you get prompted (start it with an
underscore???).

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Goto ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck R1C1 Reference Style checkbox

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Marie" wrote in message

Dave Peterson

Marie

how do I change column numbers to letters

yipee the underscore worked thank you very much, everything is normal
again!!!!!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Goto ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck R1C1 Reference Style checkbox

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Marie" wrote in message