-   -   Quantifying Calculation Steps in a Workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109838-quantifying-calculation-steps-workbook.html)

Adam Hollerbach

Quantifying Calculation Steps in a Workbook

I am using various methods to reduce the time needed to calculate a workbok.
Is there a way to quantify exactly how many calculation steps must be
performed when the file fully calculates. I'm trying to get a reference
point and track how the changes are affecting calculation time in a
quantifiable way. It's tough to get a good read by pressing F9 and trying to
"ballpark" whether it was faster or slower than the last time. Thanks.

RagDyeR

Quantifying Calculation Steps in a Workbook

This might be of interest to you:

http://www.decisionmodels.com/fxluserf.htm

RD

"Adam Hollerbach" <Adam wrote in
message ...
I am using various methods to reduce the time needed to calculate a

workbok.
Is there a way to quantify exactly how many calculation steps must be
performed when the file fully calculates. I'm trying to get a reference
point and track how the changes are affecting calculation time in a
quantifiable way. It's tough to get a good read by pressing F9 and trying

"ballpark" whether it was faster or slower than the last time. Thanks.

Adam Hollerbach

Quantifying Calculation Steps in a Workbook

Thank you for responding so quickly. Is there a simpler way without having
to purchase and run software? All I want to know is whether my adjustments
are helping or hurting my calculation time.