-   -   How do I subtract 20% from one column in Excel and place totals i. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10983-how-do-i-subtract-20%25-one-column-excel-place-totals-i.html)

Full Effect Landscaping

How do I subtract 20% from one column in Excel and place totals i.

I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 20% from
totals in one column on my spreadsheet to show totals in another column on
same spreadsheet. Can anyone help? Spent way to long trying to figure out
correct formula.

Bob Phillips

=A30*80%

assuming totals in A30

--

HTH

RP

"Full Effect Landscaping" <Full Effect
wrote in message
I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 20%

from
totals in one column on my spreadsheet to show totals in another column on
same spreadsheet. Can anyone help? Spent way to long trying to figure

out
correct formula.

Myrna Larson

YOu've been given the correct formula, but to follow your word description, it
would be =A1-(20%*A1)