-   -   How to change Template Comments/Tips? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109621-how-change-template-comments-tips.html)

Scott Loga

How to change Template Comments/Tips?

I am using Excel 2003. I am using the Expense Statement Template which comes
with Excel. This template contains comments or some sort of tips when you
click on certain cells. On this particular template there is a section
called "Offical Use Only". When I click on one of the cells in this area, I
receive a pop-up or comment/tip which explains the use of these cells. How
can I change, delete, or modifiy the contents of these comments/tip?
Respectfully, Scott Loga

Scott Loga

How to change Template Comments/Tips?

I found the answer. It is under Data/Validation.

Regards,

Scott Loga

"Scott Loga" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I am using the Expense Statement Template which comes
with Excel. This template contains comments or some sort of tips when you
click on certain cells. On this particular template there is a section
called "Offical Use Only". When I click on one of the cells in this area, I
receive a pop-up or comment/tip which explains the use of these cells. How
can I change, delete, or modifiy the contents of these comments/tip?
Respectfully, Scott Loga

Gord Dibben

How to change Template Comments/Tips?

Scott

Those pop-ups are Data Validation messages.

First go to ToolsProtection and Unprotect Sheet.

Next, click on the cell and DataValidation. Change the input message.

OR just "Clear All" to delete.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP