-   -   How can I keep a form and yet use it? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109557-how-can-i-keep-form-yet-use.html)

Firefighter

How can I keep a form and yet use it?

I've made up a form on Excel. I want to keep the form for future use but I'd
like to be able to use the form on the PC, ie. I want to fill in information
on the form and be able to move it to a file while still having the original
in my documents.

Allllen

How can I keep a form and yet use it?

Save them with different names?
--
Allllen

"Firefighter" wrote:

I've made up a form on Excel. I want to keep the form for future use but I'd
like to be able to use the form on the PC, ie. I want to fill in information
on the form and be able to move it to a file while still having the original
in my documents.

Gord Dibben

How can I keep a form and yet use it?

Save the workbook with the form as a Template.

FileSave AsFile TypeMS Excel Template(*.xlt)

More on templates can be found in Help

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP