-   -   text file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109547-text-file.html)

Pam Coleman

text file

If I have a text file and I open this up in Excel (I do this one time a
week), is there a way, that when I open this up in the same workbook each
time it will automatically format one column with 2 leading 0's? Everytime I
format the column to add the 2 o's, the next time I have to format the column
again and I was wondering if there is a way to do this without me having to
manual do it each time.

Thanks,

Dave Peterson

text file

How about recording a macro when you open the text file, parse the text file
into the columns you want and then format the columns the way you want.

Then just rerun this macro when you want to do it again.

--

Dave Peterson