-   -   Vertical line isn't vertical! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109528-vertical-line-isnt-vertical.html)

Ray

Vertical line isn't vertical!

Hello -

I searched yesterday for help on inserting a 'dynamic' (ie moving)
vertical line into a graph and found the below instructions:

**********************************
1. On your worksheet, enter the date you want to mark, in two cells,
one
above the other (e.g. G3:G4). To have the current date appear in these
cells, use the Today function: =TODAY()
2. In the cell to the right of the top date, enter a zero
3. In the cell to the right of the lower date, enter a formula to
calculate the maximum number in the data range, e.g.: =MAX(A1:G30)
4. Select the 4 cells, and copy or drag them onto the chart (add them
as
a new series).
5. Select the new series
6. Choose ChartChart Type
7. Choose the XY(Scatter) chart type, and the Scatter with Lines
subtype, click OK
8. Format the line as desired, e.g. thick line with no markers.

This worked great....except that the resulting line isn't vertical,
it's more of a 85deg angle! The line appears to go from the center of
the data (on x-axis) to the right of the data. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
ray