-   -   Splitting comma separated lines of an address for mail merge. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109513-splitting-comma-separated-lines-address-mail-merge.html)

Chuda

Splitting comma separated lines of an address for mail merge.

Hello,

I want to use mail merge to send out a mail shot. When I export my contacts
I get a .CSV file with the entire address in a single column. Obviously, this
doesn't work because I want the address correctly laid out. i.e.;

Street,
City,
Area,
Code

Not;

Street, City, Area, Code

Is there any clever way that I can get Excel to split the lines of the
address into separate columns?

Note the commas that denote where the splits should occur.

Thanks

Graham.

Chuda

Splitting comma separated lines of an address for mail merge.

Don't worry! I found it. Data -- Text to Columns...

Sorry, should have look harder before posting. :)

Thanks.