-   -   how do I retriive a spreadsheet I previously deleted (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109412-how-do-i-retriive-spreadsheet-i-previously-deleted.html)

atlbr1fan

how do I retriive a spreadsheet I previously deleted

I deleted the wrong spreadsheet, then closed excel, when I went back in to
work on the spreadsheet I realized I deleted the wrong one, is there any way
to retrieve that spreadsheet?

Kevin B

how do I retriive a spreadsheet I previously deleted

If the file is a local file I would look in the RECYCLE bin and restore it,
if it resided on a network drive you can request a restore from a prior date.
If neither of them are an option, hopefully you've got a back-up copy on
CD/Disk or thumb-drive.
--
Kevin Backmann

"atlbr1fan" wrote:

I deleted the wrong spreadsheet, then closed excel, when I went back in to
work on the spreadsheet I realized I deleted the wrong one, is there any way
to retrieve that spreadsheet?

Gord Dibben

how do I retriive a spreadsheet I previously deleted

When you say "spreadsheet" what do you mean?

Workbook or Worksheet?

If a workbook, you may find it in the recycle bin.

If a worksheet, it is gone unless you have a backup of the file.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP