-   -   Unwanted Object when pasting. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109374-unwanted-object-when-pasting.html)

YellowShaftedFlicker

Unwanted Object when pasting.

When I attempt to copy cells from one workbook to another and attempt to
"Paste Special", I get an "Object" window instead of the standard "Paste
Special" window. Is there a way to cut this off. All I want is the standard
"Paste Spcial" window.

Dave Peterson

Unwanted Object when pasting.

It sounds like you have two different instances of excel open--and one instance
won't know anything about the second instance.

Try closing one of the workbooks (and that instance of excel).
then in the other instance, do File|Open that other file.
Then do your copy|paste special.

--

Dave Peterson