-   -   auto populate cell based on previous cell drop down list selectio. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109291-auto-populate-cell-based-previous-cell-drop-down-list-selectio.html)

PuzzledbyLists

auto populate cell based on previous cell drop down list selectio.

I am trying to auto populate data in a cell based on the selection in the
previous column. I have created two lists - one with the name and one with a
number that is associated with that name. In my data entry fields, I would
like to be able to select the name from the "name list" (I have done this
already), but then I would like the number data entry field to auto populate
to the number associated with the name in the lists that I have created. Any
help would be greatly appreciated

Ed

auto populate cell based on previous cell drop down list selectio.

Use a VLOOKUP / HLOOKUP formula that takes the value given by the dropdown
list and uses it to lookup for the other value....

"PuzzledbyLists" wrote:

I am trying to auto populate data in a cell based on the selection in the
previous column. I have created two lists - one with the name and one with a
number that is associated with that name. In my data entry fields, I would
like to be able to select the name from the "name list" (I have done this
already), but then I would like the number data entry field to auto populate
to the number associated with the name in the lists that I have created. Any
help would be greatly appreciated

Debra Dalgleish

auto populate cell based on previous cell drop down list selectio.

There are instructions here for VLookup:

And a sample order form that uses VLookup formulas to complete customer
information:

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish