-   -   Entering Dates for a Prior Year (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109099-entering-dates-prior-year.html)

Stranded

Entering Dates for a Prior Year

I would like to be able to enter dates for a prior year just by entering the
day and month. I know that data can be entered with the year specified and
saved accordingly. That's what I do now for the first item in a column of
data of dates from a previous year. The rest of the cells are formatted to
show only the day and month, but Excel stores them as the current year. I'm
aware that the data can be subsequently converted to the prior year, but I'd
still like to be able to format the cells for a specific year in the first
place to avoid having to enter the year each time.