-   -   Looking for opposite of a value in same column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108970-looking-opposite-value-same-column.html)

OfficeNDN

Looking for opposite of a value in same column

I have a variable value X in cell 2, column Q. I would like to search for -X
in the entire column Q. I would then like to have both the original value
and the opposite value sorted or filtered so that they appear at the top of
the page.

How do I do this?

OfficeNDN

"OfficeNDN" wrote:

I have a variable value X in cell 2, column Q. I would like to search for -X
in the entire column Q. I would then like to have both the original value
and the opposite value sorted or filtered so that they appear at the top of
the page.

How do I do this?

"I have a variable value X in cell 2, column Q."

I mean row 2, column Q.

Max

Looking for opposite of a value in same column

Place in Q1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(-Q2,Q3:Q65536,0)),-Q2,"")
--
Max
Singapore
"OfficeNDN" wrote:
I have a variable value X in cell 2, column Q. I would like to search for -X
in the entire column Q. I would then like to have both the original value
and the opposite value sorted or filtered so that they appear at the top of
the page.

How do I do this?

"I have a variable value X in cell 2, column Q."

I mean row 2, column Q.

OfficeNDN

Looking for opposite of a value in same column

Thanks and it worked great.

"OfficeNDN" wrote:
I have a variable value X in cell 2, column Q. I would like to search for -X
in the entire column Q. I would then like to have both the original value
and the opposite value sorted or filtered so that they appear at the top of
the page.

How do I do this?

"I have a variable value X in cell 2, column Q."

I mean row 2, column Q.

Max

Looking for opposite of a value in same column

Glad to hear that ! cheers.
--
Max
Singapore