-   -   How do I remove year from date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108967-how-do-i-remove-year-date.html)

vicky

How do I remove year from date

For example, I want to show 3/15/1974 as 3/15. I do not want someone to be
able to switch back the formatting so that they can determine the year.
Thanks!

Dave F

How do I remove year from date

=concatenate(month(3/15/1974),"/",day(3/15/1974))

Copy, paste special, values, and there you go.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Vicky" wrote:

For example, I want to show 3/15/1974 as 3/15. I do not want someone to be
able to switch back the formatting so that they can determine the year.
Thanks!

Dave Peterson

How do I remove year from date

Are you trying to hide birthdays from coworkers?

If yes, maybe you can just select the range and
edit|replace
what: 19*
with: 2006
replace all

Then just format the range as mm/dd

But do this with a copy of the workbook--not the original if you ever need those
years back.