-   -   Organize many excel workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108895-organize-many-excel-workbooks.html)

AProblem

Organize many excel workbooks

I have about 100 seperate excel workbooks saved in one file. I broke those
down to letter a..b..c...ect. files. And put workbooks that began with that
letter into the the letters...ex. A has Apple, Aligator. B has bunny, boat.
When I go to open the main file with all my workbooks, I still want to be
able to see all the workbooks, yet have them organized

File Open and see
-Apple
-Alligator
-Bunny
-Boat

Is this possible? I have been trying to fix it for many days!

Dave Peterson

Organize many excel workbooks

Not exactly what you describe, but you could show the names in Detail view and
click on the Name header to sort it in alphabetical order.

--

Dave Peterson