-   -   multiple cell fuction results in fraction format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108829-multiple-cell-fuction-results-fraction-format.html)

cfused128

multiple cell fuction results in fraction format

Can anyone help me with this problem? Is excel capable of performing this
task?
I have set the cell format to: # ??/??
AW5 AX5 AZ5
HEIGHT WIDTH W x H
61 1/2 4 3/4" 4 3/4" X 61.5"

AW5=IF(T50,V5/25.4,"")

AZ5=IF(T50,AX5&" X "&AW5&"""","")

I would like thecell (AZ5) end result as follows:
4 3/4" x 61 1/2"
Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Toppers

multiple cell fuction results in fraction format

Try:

=IF(T50,TRIM(TEXT(V5/25.4,"# ??/??"))&"""","")

=IF(T50,TRIM(TEXT(AW5,"# ??/??"))&""" X "&TRIM(TEXT(AX5," # ??/??"))&
"""","")

HTH

"cfused128" wrote:

Can anyone help me with this problem? Is excel capable of performing this
task?
I have set the cell format to: # ??/??
AW5 AX5 AZ5
HEIGHT WIDTH W x H
61 1/2 4 3/4" 4 3/4" X 61.5"

AW5=IF(T50,V5/25.4,"")

AZ5=IF(T50,AX5&" X "&AW5&"""","")

I would like thecell (AZ5) end result as follows:
4 3/4" x 61 1/2"
Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Dave F

multiple cell fuction results in fraction format

Yeah Excel is capable of the task. You just have to tell Excel how the
number should be formatted, within the formula.

Toppers' suggestion seems to be the way to do it.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"cfused128" wrote:

Can anyone help me with this problem? Is excel capable of performing this
task?
I have set the cell format to: # ??/??
AW5 AX5 AZ5
HEIGHT WIDTH W x H
61 1/2 4 3/4" 4 3/4" X 61.5"

AW5=IF(T50,V5/25.4,"")

AZ5=IF(T50,AX5&" X "&AW5&"""","")

I would like thecell (AZ5) end result as follows:
4 3/4" x 61 1/2"
Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

cfused128

multiple cell fuction results in fraction format

Thanks, your response works great and will be a time saver over the long hand
method.