-   -   Strip workbook of macros, VBA, MS Query, etc. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108785-strip-workbook-macros-vba-ms-query-etc.html)

Paul Kraemer

Strip workbook of macros, VBA, MS Query, etc.

Hi,

I have a workbook that someone else created. When I open it up, I get a
message saying macros are disabled because the security level is high and the
macros are not signed. When I go to Tools | Macros, there are no macros
listed. I have also deleted all the VBA that I could. I have also removed
all of the references to MS Query that were originally used on the workbook
(although these were not very easy to find).

I am guessing that I have missed something and that is why I am getting the
message when I open the workbook. I was just wondering if there is a way
that I can forcibly strip a workbook of all macros, VBA, MS Query references,
etc. I just want a dumb workbook with just data.

Thanks,
Paul
--
Paul Kraemer

PCLIVE

Strip workbook of macros, VBA, MS Query, etc.

Press Alt-F11 to bring of the VB Editor.
If you see a Module folder, then expand it. Right-click on each module
listed and select Remove Module. Also double-click on each sheet listed on
the left pane and remove any code that may display in the right pane.
Repeat for "This Workbook"

HTH