-   -   Pivot Table Layout (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108780-pivot-table-layout.html)

SJT

Pivot Table Layout

I have created a pivot table and wish to change the layout of rows and data
w/o recreating the table. Can I use the Pivot Table toolbar or another means
to accomplish this? If so, how is this done? Thank you in advance for your
assistance.

Bob Phillips

Pivot Table Layout

Sure. There are a number of ways, but the simplest IMO is to grab a field in
the page fields, row fields or column fields, and drag it into one of the
other areas of the PT.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"SJT" wrote in message
I have created a pivot table and wish to change the layout of rows and

data
w/o recreating the table. Can I use the Pivot Table toolbar or another

means
to accomplish this? If so, how is this done? Thank you in advance for

your
assistance.

Dave Peterson

Pivot Table Layout

And if you really get confused, rightclick on the pivottable and choose
Pivottable Wizard.

Then hit the Layout button and change the layout.

And finish up the wizard.

=====
Ps. Save the workbook the way you like. Then do your experiments. It's really
easy to screw up a nice layout. And it's nice to just close without saving and
reopen the saved workbook.