-   -   Excel instance won't quit (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108737-excel-instance-wont-quit.html)

[email protected]

Excel instance won't quit

Hi,
I have a VB6 application that uses Excel 2002 (SP3) for reporting. Data
is populated into the report through the program, and then formatted.
After that, the instance of Excel is made visible, so that the user may
view the report in Excel, print and save the file.

However, even after the user closes the Excel window, EXCEL.exe remains
active, and visible in the Task Manager.

I cannot use ExcelObj.Quit() within the program since the user must be
able to view the report in Excel.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Suresh.