-   -   Generate Numbers (not random) Like a counter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108695-generate-numbers-not-random-like-counter.html)

Lloyd

Generate Numbers (not random) Like a counter

I have created a Ticket Form for billing purposes. They need to generate
sequentially, but after the ticket is filled out and saved, the number cant
change when its reopened. Would I have to use another program to do this or
could I get excel to work this out for me?

Dave F

Generate Numbers (not random) Like a counter

Presumably, your ticket form has a Ticket Number field. You would need to
create a macro of some sort which tells Excel "each time a new iteration of
this ticket form occurs, increase the value in the Ticket Numbe field by one."

Unfortunately my VBA skills are not up to snuff to tell you how to do that,
but I'm sure someone here can.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Lloyd" wrote:

I have created a Ticket Form for billing purposes. They need to generate
sequentially, but after the ticket is filled out and saved, the number cant
change when its reopened. Would I have to use another program to do this or
could I get excel to work this out for me?

Dave Peterson

Generate Numbers (not random) Like a counter

J.E. McGimpsey has some suggestions:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html