-   -   Problems with date formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108687-problems-date-formatting.html)

Hawksby

Problems with date formatting

Bascially i have been using a spreadsheet that i have set-up in as a template
to convert data for me. Part of the process see's me pasting an external
spreadsheet into my template my problem is that all of a sudden this posted
data has no format.

The date is showing as the 1900 format i.e. the 1st of Jan 1900 shows as 1.
No matter what i try i can't get the format to change. If i highlight a cell
i can see the format in the formula bar but it doesn't show it on the sheet.
Does anyone know how i can sort this out? or has the sheet become corrupted?

Any help will be gratefully received

CLR

Problems with date formatting

That's the defoult for Excel.....if you want the 1904 system do Tools
Options CalculationTab check the 1904 box

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Hawksby" wrote:

Bascially i have been using a spreadsheet that i have set-up in as a template
to convert data for me. Part of the process see's me pasting an external
spreadsheet into my template my problem is that all of a sudden this posted
data has no format.

The date is showing as the 1900 format i.e. the 1st of Jan 1900 shows as 1.
No matter what i try i can't get the format to change. If i highlight a cell
i can see the format in the formula bar but it doesn't show it on the sheet.
Does anyone know how i can sort this out? or has the sheet become corrupted?

Any help will be gratefully received

Dave Peterson

Problems with date formatting

Maybe you're looking at formulas.