-   -   Can I use excel (or any program) to alphabetize names? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108661-can-i-use-excel-any-program-alphabetize-names.html)

Chris

Can I use excel (or any program) to alphabetize names?

I want to list 1000 students survey responses but once each student name is
added I need to alphabetize the whole list. Any help?
Thanks, chris

Dave F

Can I use excel (or any program) to alphabetize names?

Populate your list, then go to Data--Sort and sort as you wish.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"chris" wrote:

I want to list 1000 students survey responses but once each student name is
added I need to alphabetize the whole list. Any help?
Thanks, chris

Gord Dibben

Can I use excel (or any program) to alphabetize names?

Assuming these names are in a column in Excel, click on DataSort

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP