-   -   clicking cell containing text, and a numeric value appear in anoth (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108457-clicking-cell-containing-text-numeric-value-appear-anoth.html)

Graham Allen

clicking cell containing text, and a numeric value appear in anoth

need to click on a cell with a text entry and somehow hyperlink its answer so
that it appears in another cell as a numeric value, I have the all the
numeric values stored.
eg,

Thames Water
12
(Click Thames Water)
(numeric value appears)

The numeric values can be shown and stored on the same document if this
helps or alternatively they can be filed anywhere.

Toppers

clicking cell containing text, and a numeric value appear in anoth

If the list is not too long, use Data Validation to select the text and use
VLOOKUP to find the value corresponding the the selected text.

Is this an acceptable solution?

I believe your requested solution will require a VBA macro to achieve it.