-   -   Pasting differences with win98 and winxp (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108347-pasting-differences-win98-winxp.html)

Graham

Pasting differences with win98 and winxp

I have created a spreadsheet at work that converts data pasted from a web
site. This was created using excel on win98. Some people are now reporting
that this is not working with excel on XP, i have checked this and the reason
is that excel is pasting in an html format. I have tried paste special but
the options it gives me paste in yet another format. Is there a way to this
to paste in the same format it did on win98.

bigwheel

Pasting differences with win98 and winxp

Perhaps you could say what versions of Excel are being used ...

"Graham" wrote:

I have created a spreadsheet at work that converts data pasted from a web
site. This was created using excel on win98. Some people are now reporting
that this is not working with excel on XP, i have checked this and the reason
is that excel is pasting in an html format. I have tried paste special but
the options it gives me paste in yet another format. Is there a way to this
to paste in the same format it did on win98.

Graham

Pasting differences with win98 and winxp

The version of excel used on the win98 computer is excel 97 sr2 and as far as
i know this is the same version that the people on xp are using. My version
on XP is excel 2002. So i am not sure that the version is relevant