-   -   My autosum total is incorrect - what is wrong? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108307-my-autosum-total-incorrect-what-wrong.html)

Missing the obvious?

My autosum total is incorrect - what is wrong?

I'm doing a basic formula - about 400 entries to tota. I used autosum and my
total is incorrect. Is there a way to figure out if these cells are
formatted as text and therefore not being read?

Gord Dibben

My autosum total is incorrect - what is wrong?

In an adjacent column enter =ISNUMBER(cellref)

Copy down.

Or without checking first you can format all as General.

Copy an empty cell and select the data and EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc.

This should turn any text to numeric.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP