-   -   How can I calculate dates and skip a specific weekday? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108285-how-can-i-calculate-dates-skip-specific-weekday.html)

Excelman

How can I calculate dates and skip a specific weekday?

I want to be able to enter a date in a cell, put in a formula to add 4 days
to it, but have it add 1 more day to it if the resulting date falls on a
Sunday.

Bob Phillips

How can I calculate dates and skip a specific weekday?

=A1+4+(WEEKDAY(A1)=4)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Excelman" wrote in message
I want to be able to enter a date in a cell, put in a formula to add 4

days
to it, but have it add 1 more day to it if the resulting date falls on a
Sunday.

Biff

How can I calculate dates and skip a specific weekday?

Try this:

A1 = some date

=A1+4+(WEEKDAY(A1+4)=1)

Biff

"Excelman" wrote in message
I want to be able to enter a date in a cell, put in a formula to add 4 days
to it, but have it add 1 more day to it if the resulting date falls on a
Sunday.

Trevor Shuttleworth

How can I calculate dates and skip a specific weekday?

One way:

If the start date is in cell A1

=A1+4+(WEEKDAY(A1+4)=1)

Regards

Trevor

"Excelman" wrote in message
I want to be able to enter a date in a cell, put in a formula to add 4 days
to it, but have it add 1 more day to it if the resulting date falls on a
Sunday.

daddylonglegs

How can I calculate dates and skip a specific weekday?

Perhaps you don't need this here but for a generic formula to add the number
of days in B1 to a date in A1, excluding Sundays

=A1-WEEKDAY(A1,3)+INT(7/6*(B1+MIN(5,WEEKDAY(A1,3))))

DRondeau

How can I calculate dates and skip a specific weekday?

I am trying to do basically the same thing except I need to exclude
Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. Basically the spreadsheet will have a date
that is entered (on date when information is entered onto spreadsheet) then
there will be another column that must equal the entered date + 4 (excluding
the Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays). Please excuse my ignorance as I am
really not proficient in Excel...not something I use often. Your help would
be greatly appreciated. The column where the date will be entered is "G".

"Biff" wrote:

Try this:

A1 = some date

=A1+4+(WEEKDAY(A1+4)=1)

Biff

"Excelman" wrote in message
I want to be able to enter a date in a cell, put in a formula to add 4 days
to it, but have it add 1 more day to it if the resulting date falls on a
Sunday.

Biff

How can I calculate dates and skip a specific weekday?

Hi!

Use the Workday function.

=WORKDAY(A1,4,holidays)

A1 = some date

4 = number of days to add to the date

Holidays is a list of holidays that you want to exclude from the
calculation. List these dates in a range of cells:

B1 = 1/1/2006
B2 = 1/31/2006
etc

=WORKDAY(A1,4,B1:B5)

Format the cell as DATE.

Biff

"DRondeau" wrote in message
I am trying to do basically the same thing except I need to exclude
Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. Basically the spreadsheet will have a
date
that is entered (on date when information is entered onto spreadsheet)
then
there will be another column that must equal the entered date + 4
(excluding
the Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays). Please excuse my ignorance as I am
really not proficient in Excel...not something I use often. Your help
would
be greatly appreciated. The column where the date will be entered is "G".

"Biff" wrote:

Try this:

A1 = some date

=A1+4+(WEEKDAY(A1+4)=1)