-   -   Values in 'Balance sheet' template are in $ I want £ but there is. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1080-values-balance-sheet-template-%24-i-want-%C2%A3-but-there.html)

amulcrone

Values in 'Balance sheet' template are in $ I want £ but there is.

I wanted to use a simple excel balance sheet and instead of creating one I
opened the template in 'new office documents', but all the monetary values I
enter come with a $ prefix. I assumed I could change this to £ which is what
I wanted but there was no way to do this. I went to 'format' but 'cells' was
greyed out.

Why is this?

Gord Dibben

The sheet is protected.

ToolsProtectionUnprotect Sheet.

No password is required.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:41:05 -0800, amulcrone
wrote:

I wanted to use a simple excel balance sheet and instead of creating one I
opened the template in 'new office documents', but all the monetary values I
enter come with a $ prefix. I assumed I could change this to £ which is what
I wanted but there was no way to do this. I went to 'format' but 'cells' was
greyed out.

Why is this?

Peo Sjoblom

Toolsprotectionunprotect sheet

if it asks for a password the author obviously wanted it to be non editable,

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom