-   -   library installer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10797-library-installer.html)

Laurent M

library installer

Hello,

i developped an Excel application which will be used by my
clients, but i don't know what are their excel version.

I would like that when they'll open the application for the
first time that all missing library would be installed

Many thanks.

Dave Peterson

You might have better luck in developing in the oldest version of excel that
your client has.

And use late binding instead of using explicit references.

You may want to look at these links that Tom Ogilvy posted recently:

Here are some more extensive references on binding:

Use late binding - don't have a reference to excel.

INFO: Writing Automation Clients for Multiple Office Versions

INFO: Using Early Binding and Late Binding in Automation

INFO: Use DISPID Binding to Automate Office Applications Whenever Possible

--

Dave Peterson