-   -   Sending e-mail in office 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10785-sending-e-mail-office-2003-a.html)

psp

Sending e-mail in office 2003

Hi!

Before I upgraded my Office and Outlook to 2003, I was able to send active
document using e-mail from Excel, PPT, Word programs. Since the update, I get
the following error message:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it
as the default mail client.

I already have Outlook as the default mail client. Also, I am able to send
the e-mail from other programs (like Adobe Acrobat, etc.) but not from any of
the Office programs. Any clues?

thank you,

Prashant.
--
Powerpoint is my life at work

Adam

Prashant

Do you have another version of Outlook still installed on your machine?

Adam

"psp" wrote:

Hi!

Before I upgraded my Office and Outlook to 2003, I was able to send active
document using e-mail from Excel, PPT, Word programs. Since the update, I get
the following error message:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it
as the default mail client.

I already have Outlook as the default mail client. Also, I am able to send
the e-mail from other programs (like Adobe Acrobat, etc.) but not from any of
the Office programs. Any clues?

thank you,

Prashant.
--
Powerpoint is my life at work

Ron de Bruin

Hi

Check out if Outlook is your mail program for Office
StartSettingsControl Panel....Internet options (Program Tab)
Close Excel first before you make a change.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"psp" wrote in message ...
Hi!

Before I upgraded my Office and Outlook to 2003, I was able to send active
document using e-mail from Excel, PPT, Word programs. Since the update, I get
the following error message:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it
as the default mail client.

I already have Outlook as the default mail client. Also, I am able to send
the e-mail from other programs (like Adobe Acrobat, etc.) but not from any of
the Office programs. Any clues?

thank you,

Prashant.
--
Powerpoint is my life at work

psp

thank you for the suggestions (Adam and Ron) but it did NOT work.

Any other ideas?

"psp" wrote in message ...
Hi!

Before I upgraded my Office and Outlook to 2003, I was able to send active
document using e-mail from Excel, PPT, Word programs. Since the update, I get
the following error message:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it
as the default mail client.

I already have Outlook as the default mail client. Also, I am able to send
the e-mail from other programs (like Adobe Acrobat, etc.) but not from any of
the Office programs. Any clues?

thank you,

Prashant.
--
Powerpoint is my life at work

Ron de Bruin

Try this
Change it to OE and after that set it back to Outlook

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl